I am a holistic nurse, combining a solid background in western health care with a wide variety of bodymind techniques, nutrition and herbal medicines. I have been practicing holistic health care since 1976. I enjoy working with people of all ages and backgrounds who come to me with many different problems and diagnoses.
Here is more information about my background:
- Bronson School of Nursing, Kalamazoo, Michigan, graduate 1973
Center for Training in Family Planning, University of Wisconsin, Milwaukee,
Women’s Health Care Nurse Practitioner, graduate 1977
I began my nursing career in Critical Care. I worked as a nurse in Intensive Care, Coronary Care, Burn Units and Emergency Rooms. I also worked in hospital administration as a Nursing Supervisor. I then moved into Women’s Health Care and worked as the Clinic Director of a Women’s Health Care clinic. After completing my education as an OB/GYN Nurse Practitioner, I practiced as a primary health care provider within the Western Medicine paradigm for 14 years.
Holistic Health Care
Polarity Therapy – I studied with some of the foremost teachers of Polarity Therapy, including Pierre Pannetier, Jim Said, John Chitty, Nancy White and Marilyn Warzocha from 1980-2005. I was grandfathered into Registered Polarity Practitioner (RPP) status as one of the first to receive this distinction. I was honored with the Certified Polarity Educator (CPE) title in 2004. In 2010 I was awarded the status of Polarity Therapy Professional by the International Polarity Education Alliance. Since 2012 I have maintained certification as a Board Certified Polarity Practitioner (BCPP) through the American Polarity Therapy Association.
Craniosacral Therapy – study since 1981 with some of the foremost names in the field including Jim Mc Donald D.O., John Upledger D.O., Charles Lincoln D.O. (UK), Peter Armitage D.O. (UK) and Fred Mitchell, D.O.
Lymphatic Drainage- Chickley Technique, 2001
Herbal Medicine- Continuing study since 1994 with Native healers and elders of the Mohawk and the Ojibwe peoples.
Homeopathy-since 1981 classes and seminars through the National Center for Homeopathy, apprenticeship with Dennis Chernin MD.
Myomassology-1983 graduate of the Irene Gauthier School of Massage, Southfield, MI.
- Therapeutic Touch for Nurses, U of M (Flint)
- Advanced Craniosacral Therapy for the Cranial Base (APTA)
- Basic Craniosacral Therapy for Bodywork Practitioners (Ann Arbor)
- Homeopathy for Nurses ( Continuing Education, Southfield)
- Multiple lectures on Homeopathy to local and national audiences, 1988-2001
- Personal instruction and sponsorship for two individuals who fulfilled all requirements and passed all examinations and achieved Registered Polarity Practitioner (RPP) status
- Study Group Manual-12 Week Course , Third Edition, National Center for Homeopathy, Alexandria,VA, 1998
- Cranial Base Release with Mechanical Assistance, ENERGY newsletter, APTA